Name Changes in Jacksonville

Do you need to legally change your name? I can help you.

There are many situations that could lead to an individual wanting to change names legally. This can have a profound effect on the rest of the person's life, as it can end the association with the name of another person such as a notorious family member, unwanted family connections, a former spouse or just gain a new name that is memorable or easier to spell. Changing a name legally is a specific legal procedure, and I can help you with this process. The legal action taken is different for adults and minor children. In either case, my Jacksonville family law firm, Charles E. Willmott, P.A., is able to help smooth the way and make the process easier for you.

Some of the reasons a person may want to change their name include, but are not limited to: needing a driver's license with a name that matches an informal name a person has been using due to more recent upgrades in security; wanting to change a child's name so there is no connection with someone you don't want the child to be associated with; or unmarried gay or lesbian couples who want the same surname to ease financial transactions. There are many unique reasons why any person may want to change a name, and the process remains the same for each. If you are getting divorced, you have the right to change your name during the process without paying the court added fees for the name change.

Jacksonville Divorce Lawyers

There are several steps that must be taken when filing for a name change, whether it's for a minor child or an adult. The process includes providing fingerprints, filling out necessary forms and petitions, being in attendance at a final hearing by a judge, and going through the motions to change your name on important and legal documents that identified you by your former name. These could include your social security card, driver's license, insurance documents and others.

There can be many other steps as well, depending on the individual case. Whatever the situation is, you can be assured my family law firm will properly guide you in order to obtain a name change. When you contact my firm, a representative will advise you of what steps will be necessary and how I can help you.

Internet Marketing Experts

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.