What Do I Need to Know About Child Support?

Protect Your Child's Rights

If you are facing a divorce that involves children, you will probably need to work out details of child support. It is encouraged that you seek the help of a Jacksonville divorce attorney who can help you obtain the child support that you will require. My firm can make sure that your rights, as either the provider or receiver, are protected. Child support is typically given to the custodial parent who has a smaller income. It is important to ensure that the child is able to maintain a healthy lifestyle so that he or she does not have to be more disturbed by the divorce than necessary.

Steps to Obtaining Child Support in Jacksonville

At Charles E. Willmott, P.A., I understand the importance of maintaining financial security and ensuring that the livelihood of you and your family are safeguarded. The first step that should be taken to is to apply for child support. The amount of child support will have to be determined based on Florida Statute 61.30. The amount of child support to be given depends on the number of children that need to be supported and the parties combined income. Child support is then divided in the middle between both parents.

Jacksonville Divorce Lawyers Assisting With Child Support Matters

If the amount of child support needs to be changed on the basis of one parent experiencing a change in employment status, please contact my office and I'd be happy to assist you. If necessary, a modification can be made. If either party is not holding up his or her end of the deal, I can work with you to ensure that all child support payments are made. Additionally, I can ensure that all necessary steps to enforcement are taken. Contact me, a Jacksonville divorce lawyer, if you need legal aid for child support.

Internet Marketing Experts

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.