Board Certified Family Law Attorney
Call For Your Free Case Evaluation
Modifications Board-Certified Lawyer in Marital & Family Law Since 2008

Jacksonville Modification Lawyers

Promoting Fair Divorce Court Orders

It is not surprising when two individuals who have been divorced for some time, feel the need to modify a child support or custody order. Life is full of surprises and constant changes, and therefore modification is an acceptable action to take. A parenting plan may initially seem to work fine, but as circumstances change, change might become necessary.

Whether a modification is granted or not depends on the situation and the circumstances that are being addressed. No matter what the circumstance, the child's best interest is still held as the top priority and therefore, the circumstantial change must warrant a proceeding.


Life is hardly a constant and it changes over time. After a divorce is finalized and alimony is awarded, it is not uncommon for the circumstances to change for either party; for instance, a job loss or a promotion, an accident or an illness. When such changes are large enough, they may warrant filing a petition to modify or terminate alimony payments.

While alimony generally cannot be modified when it is in the form of bridge-the-gap, with the exception of the death of either party or the remarriage of the receiving party, most other forms of alimony can be modified or terminated depending upon the facts of the case.

Child Support

If the supporting party loses their job or experiences a decrease in pay, a child support modification may be required. On the other hand, if the child develops a need that requires an increase in child support, this can also lead to modification. An existing court order may no longer be reasonable and can require a petition of the court.

At Charles E. Willmott, P.A., I know how to have a modification agreement accepted, so that your individual and familial needs can be met. If a financial change makes it necessary to increase or decrease support, it is important to discuss your situation with a Jacksonville divorce attorney.

Child Custody

Courts are willing to modify agreements of child custody if significant life changes occur. If it is observed to be in the best interest of the child, modification to earlier court orders can be made. This is a complex situation that can impact the life of your child or children, so hire a Jacksonville divorce lawyer who has handled modification cases for over two decades.

If the custodial situation of your child requires change, speak with Charles E. Willmott at your earliest convenience.

Dedicated To Client Satisfaction

Hear What Our Clients Say
    Charles Was A Godsend For Me Through My Divorce!

    “Charles was a Godsend for me through my divorce. He was so sweet and kind to me but very intimidating to the other party. he didn't play games, he was straight to the point, VERY PROFESIONAL.”

    Dedicated Profession Who Speaks The Truth!

    “Charles Willmott is a dedicated professional who will speak the truth. Mr. Willmott is straightforward with his clients and is willing to listen. He can take what at times can be very messy situations and come up with a clear plan of action.”

    Charles Is A Very Impressive Attorney!

    “I was a mess the first day I met with him; he immediately put my mind at ease and explained the different outcomes my divorce may have had. He's extremely knowledgeable, upfront, and honest.”

    He Has Never Let Me Down!

    “I have been a client of Charles for almost nine years, and he has never let me down. He always told me what to expect and has been right every time.”

    Charles Willmott Provided Superb Advice & Excellent Representation!

    “Charles Willmott provided superb advice and expert representation. He replied to every question very quickly and thoroughly.”

We're Here To Help

Contact Us Today 

Fill out the form below or feel free We also offer remote video & Zoom call us at (904) 849-5183.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.