Board Certified Family Law Attorney
Call For Your Free Case Evaluation
Child Custody Modifications Board-Certified Lawyer in Marital & Family Law Since 2008

Jacksonville Child Custody Modification Attorney

Modifying Your Time-Sharing Arrangement in Florida

For many couples, the most contentious aspect of their divorce is usually the matter of child custody. Since no parent wants to forfeit time with their child, it can be difficult for a couple to agree upon a suitable time-sharing plan. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to leave this decision with a family law judge—as they would subsequently be required to issue a ruling that is most accurately aligned with the child's best interests.

While the allocated custody arrangement may be suitable for the time being, there is no way to know whether or not it will serve the child's, and parents', best interests in the future. For this reason, both parents are afforded the opportunity to seek a modification when a significant, lasting and unanticipated change in circumstances has rendered the current arrangement impractical.

When would I have grounds to request a custody modification?

As mentioned earlier, you must be able to show that a significant, lasting and unanticipated change in circumstances has taken place in order to seek a child custody modification from the court.

While a new arrangement can be worked out amicably between the parents, it may be necessary for one to file a "Supplemental Petition to Modify Parenting Plan / Time Sharing and Other Relief" when the other has objected to a modification.

  • In doing so, they would be required to show that one or more of the following circumstances has rendered their current time-sharing plan impractical:
  • The child's living environment has become unsafe
  • One parent has developed a substance abuse problem
  • The child has been subjected to domestic violence
  • One parent is planning on relocating with the child
  • One parent has neglected the child's medical needs
  • One parent can no longer financially support the child
  • One parent has become permanently disabled

Speak with a Board Certified Divorce Expert from My Firm

If you are interested in modifying the terms of your current time-sharing plan, the legal team at Charles E. Willmott, P.A. encourages you to retain the assistance of my firm as soon as possible. While the process of requesting a modification may be fairly cut-and-dry, it can be difficult to present a strong case without the intervention of an experienced lawyer. For this reason, you should not hesitate to acquire legal counsel before moving forward with your case.

When you contact my firm's Board Certified divorce expert at (904) 849-5183, you will have the opportunity to develop an aggressive plan of attack—ultimately equipping you with the resources that you will need to secure a successful resolution.

Dedicated To Client Satisfaction

Hear What Our Clients Say
    Charles Was A Godsend For Me Through My Divorce!

    “Charles was a Godsend for me through my divorce. He was so sweet and kind to me but very intimidating to the other party. he didn't play games, he was straight to the point, VERY PROFESIONAL.”

    Dedicated Profession Who Speaks The Truth!

    “Charles Willmott is a dedicated professional who will speak the truth. Mr. Willmott is straightforward with his clients and is willing to listen. He can take what at times can be very messy situations and come up with a clear plan of action.”

    Charles Is A Very Impressive Attorney!

    “I was a mess the first day I met with him; he immediately put my mind at ease and explained the different outcomes my divorce may have had. He's extremely knowledgeable, upfront, and honest.”

    He Has Never Let Me Down!

    “I have been a client of Charles for almost nine years, and he has never let me down. He always told me what to expect and has been right every time.”

    Charles Willmott Provided Superb Advice & Excellent Representation!

    “Charles Willmott provided superb advice and expert representation. He replied to every question very quickly and thoroughly.”

We're Here To Help

Contact Us Today 

Fill out the form below or feel free to call us at (904) 849-5183.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.