Child Custody Modifications

The Most Common Reasons for Modification

Individual's lives constantly change and alter. There is no reason to feel guilty when asking for a modification of child custody or child support. If you are considering changes to a child custody arrangement, it is important to hire a lawyer before taking any step forward. From the beginning of the process, it is important to retain legal guidance from a board-certified family lawyer. If your current arrangement is not working for you or the children, a change may be in order.

Many families have to modify custody for reasons like:

  • one parent moves to another location
  • significant change in lifestyle occurs, such as a work schedule
  • Abuse of drugs or alcohol by one parent
  • domestic violence

As a Jacksonville child custody attorney, I can assist you in fighting for the modifications that you are hoping for.

How to Modify the Terms of a Child Custody Arrangement

It is important to understand that a child custody arrangement is not necessarily permanent. If you were stuck with a less than favorable parenting plan in the wake of your divorce, you may still have the opportunity to petition for a modification. You will need to show that a significant change in circumstances – on either the part of you or your ex-spouse – has taken place, however, as there must be a legitimate reason to modify the original order. This could involve, for example, any instance in which you believe your child is unsafe with the other parent.

Modifying Child Support in Jacksonville, FL

A request for child support can also be made in certain circumstances. Florida child support laws give certain reasons that a shift in child support can be made. It can be confusing to try to work out a child support modification agreement on one's own.

If you are experiencing one of the following circumstances, I can help you request a modification:

  • Loss of employment or decrease of income
  • Increase in health insurance cost
  • Change of living arrangements
  • Change in support requirements of children

Child support agreements are established to help children have a purposeful life, even after their parent's divorce. If you need to request a modification of child support or child custody, it is vital to enlist the help of my firm. It is best to have legal guidance through this process because it is a legal process.

Contact my firm at your earliest convenience for assistance. We offer remote video & Zoom conferences as well

See What our Clients Say


  • "Charles Willmott is a dedicated professional who will speak the truth. Mr. Willmott is straightforward with his clients and is willing to listen. He can take what at times can be very messy situations and come up with a clear plan of action."
  • "I was a mess the first day I met with him; he immediately put my mind at ease and explained the different outcomes my divorce may have had. He's extremely knowledgeable, upfront, and honest."
  • "I have been a client of Charles for almost nine years, and he has never let me down. He always told me what to expect and has been right every time."
Your Family Deserves Dedicated Attention
  • Certified Family Law Mediator
  • Board Certified in Marital & Family Law
  • Nearly 30 Years of Experience in Family Law
  • Personalized Attention for Individual Needs
Contact Us Today We're Here to Help

Fill out the form below or feel free to call us at (904) 849-5183. We also offer remote video & Zoom conferences.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy